Monday, August 11, 2008

First day of school! First day of new blog!

I'm planning to head back toward a healthy activity level (and waist size) now that L is back in school and I thought a blog might be a good tracking tool. Feeling more centered mood-wise is actually my main goal. I think I can make strides in this direction by addressing the following lifestyle changes:

1- Get regular exercise. I think a minimum of 20 mins./day, 6 days/week is the least I should do. I know exercise raises my endorphins and I just feel better throughout the day and make better decisions.

2- Make wise food/drink choices at least most of the time. That means not drinking alcohol during the week, or overeating late at night.

3- Ditch the 'all or nothing' thinking. I can live in the gray area in all areas of my life, like the rest of the world, and do so happily. I don't need to lose 35 lbs. this year. I just need to make more wise choices and work toward a healthier lifestyle. Along with this goes all self-judgemental thoughts.

So I'll be tweaking those things as I go but for now here's my totally awesome exercise for the day. (Well, it was fine to get through and awesome that I did this much!) Bonus points for completing my work, my exercise AND my shower all before 11am!

20 mins. (?) Cardio Coach Pump
30 mins. treadmill with Cardio Coach (CC) vol. 2. Remember this one. It's all hills and it has a 30 minute option. I wore my MBTs for it and that was fine.

No comments: